Future Gator!!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Things I Will Not Miss About Being Pregnant

As time dwindles ever nearer to the day of Baby Andrew's arrival,I think about all the things I have been missing for the past 9 months to keep this baby growing strong and healthy. And while most of me is sad that this pregnancy is almost over, I must admit I am a little excited about other things...

I'm excited to have a glass of wine with dinner or a margarita on a Friday night.
I'm ready to eat some yummy sushi...although I'm not sure that's a legal food for nursing mommies.
I'm ready to get rid of the back pain that comes with pulling myself out of a chair or lying in one position too long.
I'm excited to wear something other than maternity clothes...because even they are starting to get tight. The only downfall is that I won't be in my regular clothes for a little while yet.
I'm ready to be able to bend over and not have my belly get in the way of important activities...like tying shoelaces and shaving.
I can't wait to sleep on my belly again and be able to genuinely cuddle with my husband at night...at least until the night time feedings occur!!

Now...as I type these out for the world to read, the list really isn't that long and there isn't anything on there that I couldn't live without...except for maybe the last one. It's nice that this pregnancy has been so positive for me. I've felt great and kept up with most everything I usually do. So...why again am I ready for this little boy to show up and disrupt our world as it is??? Hmmm....maybe a few more weeks Drew...just a few!!

No comments:

Post a Comment