Future Gator!!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Things I Will Miss About Being Pregnant

On the heels of things I will not miss about being pregnant, it only seemed appropriate to talk about the things I will really miss about being pregnant. And this list seems to be so much longer...ironic, I know.

~ I will miss the excitement in people's eyes when they see me with 2 girls and I tell them this one is a boy.
~ I will miss Kelsey thinking that she has a baby growing in her tummy just like I do.
~ I will miss Ally's constant kissing and talking to my stomach in hopes the baby will know her as soon as he gets here. Quite honestly, he very well might. Ally's excitement for the big arrival is contagious.
~ I will miss the anticipation of the big day and baby's arrival after "knowing" for so long that we would only have 2 kids.
~ I will miss eating whatever I want, whenever I want it. McDonald's is sure to show monumental losses over the next fiscal quarter. However, Starbucks will be able to hire back all the employees they just laid off.
~ I will miss my thick hair and fast-growing, strong nails.
~ I will miss people touching my belly and asking to help simply because I am pregnant. I will miss people asking how I feel and telling me I look great...30 pounds heavier than I usually am.
~ I will miss the special parking areas at Babies R Us.
~ On a personal level, I will miss my size 38 C rack...without milk. It's a cruel joke to lose those and keep the spare tire that will wrap my waist for months after this baby arrives.
~ I will miss the "control" I have over this baby while he is with me and not beside me.
~ I will miss looking at my huge belly in the mirror. It won't look that way again.
~ Most of all, I will miss feeling him roll around inside me. I will miss the little hiccups. I will miss the swift and hard kicks that I never thought I'd feel again. I will miss his feet in my rib cage. I will miss the tickly feeling I get when he kicks my sides.

Our child bearing years include some of my favorite and fondest memories and I have really struggled lately that it truly will end with this one. I was a solid rock with the girls...poised and ready for delivery, ready to meet our new addition. And with each passing day of this pregnancy, I get weaker and weaker, more of an emotional wreck than a rock. I know when the time comes with this baby, the rock will melt under the pressure and lose control at the thought of this last baby. And while I am grateful for this one last chance at pregnancy, it is not a trend we can continue. Bo asked me the other day if I wanted to have another one. Of course...I'd have 6 if we could. But, I also know when to say enough is enough. We have filled our house that we purposely bought with extra rooms...unknowing at the time that we'd fill them. We have healthy, happy children and I am not one who feels safe "going to the well" more than my fair share. And, it just isn't practical for 2 teachers to push their resources farther than they extend. We will have a perfectly happy life...the five of us...and that makes me happiest of all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment