Future Gator!!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Back It Up

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep...
Watch out...that's the automatic sound I make now while walking around. Anything in a 5 foot radius is bound to be bumped, knocked over or flat out crushed with this baby hiding out in me.
We are nearing 38 weeks (more on that in a minute) and the baby is about 6.8 pounds and 19 1/2 inches long. No wonder I keep hitting everything with my belly. All of his organs are fully mature and ready for life on the outside. So, now, we wait. And wait. And wait. Until God and Baby Drew decide it's time for him to make his appearance. My belly button is so tightly stretched that it is sore to the touch of anything...clothes, kids, even just movement. I feel like it might just rip open at any point. Never had that feeling with the girls. Maybe because I felt so much wider with the girls and not so out in front like with this one.
We had a Dr.appointment on Friday and none of the appointment went like I thought it would. The good news is his heartbeat is still holding strong at 130+ beats per minute. However, we found out we were not 38 weeks on Saturday. We aren't 38 weeks until this Tuesday because they moved back my due date to March 10th. Seriously, at this point, let's just keep it where it is. It had something to do with the ultrasound measurements and some other dates being close enough together that they go with the LATER one...who knew??? So...here I sit, at almost 38 weeks. The baby is still fairly high in my belly and I am only 30-50% effaced at this point and not dilated at all. After hearing all of this, I am convinced this birth will be no earlier than Ally's or Kelsey's were (at 38 weeks exactly and 37 weeks, 6 days) and they will probably have to go in and actually pull him out after my due date has passed.
I have to say this past week has been very hard. I am surely ready for this baby to be here and out of me because of all the energy I expend just moving around and getting things done. But, I swore to myself at the beginning of this I would be as patient as I could be because he is a wimpy white boy and his lungs need all the extra time to develop as possible. 2 weeks isn't that much longer, right??? We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sweet Baby Drew,
    It is time to come out and meet the world. You have a lot of friends who would like to meet you. More importantly I would like to give your Mommy some time alone with you before I come along to play during the day. I promise it is a lot more fun on the outside. You can put faces with voices! Plus there is a ton more room to move around!
    Love,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete