Future Gator!!

Sunday, February 8, 2009

36 Weeks and a Dr. Appointment

This week, Baby Drew weighs over 6 pounds...supposedly. We'll see what happens when he gets here. Both girls were pretty tiny, even at 38 weeks. Ally was only 5lbs. 12 oz. and Kelsey was 6 lbs. 4 oz. So...if we have a baby much bigger than this, we will be surprised. His heart rate continues to be strong and he's moving all over the place.

We went in for our 36 week appointments. We've started going every week now. And, even though we have appointments through the first week of March, I doubt we see the last two. At the appointment, I was tested for Group B strep...a very common infection that pregnant women carry. I've always tested negative for it, but it could change with each pregnancy. So, we'll wait for the results next week. If I do test positive, it just means I get an IV of antibiotics during delivery. The doctor also checked to make sure the baby had remained head down over the course of this past week...and he had. But, he (and I) were none too thrilled about him checking that. The pressure he put on my belly was quite uncomfortable and it caused me to have 1 long, hard contraction the entire time he was checking. The rest of this weekend I've been having some cramping and contractions. so I know it won't be long. We just want to get to next week. 37 weeks is considered full term and that eliminates a world of paperwork and pre-term infant tests at the hospital.

For now...we are still pregnant...and hoping to stay that way for at least another week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment