Future Gator!!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

31 Weeks, a Dr. Appointment and a Nursery

So much has happened since the 4D ultrasound a few weeks ago. We have been to the Dr., created a room for this little guy, and gotten an update on baby's growth.

So...for 31 weeks, we are looking at a baby that is about 3 and a half pounds and he continues to put on more fat to keep him warm once he arrives. His hearing is almost completely developed. And the best news for this week is that his lungs are now secreting surfactant...a substance that keeps his little lungs inflated with oxygen once he takes his first breath. Should he arrive now, he might still need some help breathing, but the lungs are well on their way to working on their own.

At our appointment, we got to hear the fast heart beat again...never a sound I get tired of hearing. It's still beating strongly at about 140 beats per minute...right on cue for a baby boy. The Dr. says my measurements look great and we are in plug and chug mode. Keep doing what we're doing to keep that baby growing and healthy. Should this little one decide to arrive as early as the girls did, we're looking at a mere 7 weeks before his arrival. That number gets smaller with each passing week and I can't believe it is really almost here. I'm at the point now where I am still enjoying the pregnancy and am sad it will soon be over. But...we'll see how I feel in 4 or 5 weeks.

And last, we busted it at the end of Christmas break to get the nursery finished. We had kept the guest bed in the baby room for several months anticipating some holiday travelers, but now that those have come and gone, it was time to get things rolling. In a matter of 3 days, we primed the room, put up a chair rail, painted the room, put together the crib (which I never thought we'd put together again), rearranged furniture, decorated, washed and folded 3 loads of baby laundry and packed a diaper bag for the hospital. Needless to say, we both crashed on Sunday night. We still need to get a bookshelf for the room and plan to bring in the recliner once it is professionally cleaned, but for the most part, what you see is it. I'm so glad we went with the frogs. And we both love the room. I think the girls have more fun playing in the room with all the baby stuff than the baby will.







2 comments:

  1. SO adorable! And I don't think it's too green at all. The blue helps mellow it out a bit. I also love the rug. It won't be long before it has an occupant! Now stop "busting it" and go relax. PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery looks so cute...it looks a little familure....I wish I had known you guys were doing frogs. I have Jackson's bedding cleaned and ready for consignment..I could have just given it to you! Can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete