Future Gator!!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

30 Weeks and a 4D Ultrasound

30 weeks down and only a few to go...can't believe it!!! This week, the baby continues to grow, get stronger, and lay down fat to make him plump. He has started to mimick breathing and it causes him to have the hiccups. I never remember the girls having those, but we had a long bout of tiny, rhythmic movements last night that logically seem to be the hiccups. He weighs about 3 pounds and is 11 inches from the top of his head to his rump.

This morning we had our much anticipated 3D/4D ultrasound appointment. And, following suit of both girls, little Jackson decided to hide until the last 5 minutes of the ultrasound. He has turned and is head down and ready to go. We got to see and hear the heart beat. And, for most of the appointment, we watched the tech manauver the magic wand to try and get a good face shot of the baby. Unfortunately, Mr. Limber had one knee bent and in front of his face and the other leg was extended straight up, over, and behind his head. He was sleeping most of the time even though mom drank an ENTIRE mocha frappucino from Startbucks just a few short minutes before the appointment. Apparently caffeine doesn't phase this child. While he was sleeping, we could see the chest rise and fall to mimick the breathing that causes the hiccups. The tech sais that's how she knew he was sleeping...most babies "practice" their breathing while they are sleeping. And...while he continued to sleep, we got the very easily attainable money shot with the position of his legs being so crazy. Then finally, after I got up, moved around, and squeezed at my stomach for a minute, we got a better view of his face, even though he still had those legs right in the way. He has Kelsey's nose for sure. And it even looks like his cheeks are plump and ready for pinching. Enjoy the pictures!!

Sweet, Sleepy Baby Boy!!

Can you see me trying to wave to you? My hand is to the left of the picture beside my face.

Look at those crazy legs all over the place. I might as well be eating my knee!!

Daddy can finally rest assured that I am a boy. Look at the size of that...foot!!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww.... don't you just want to reach through the screen and snuggle with him? I know it sounds crazy, but I think he looks like Bo, even in the womb! You still got some great shots. It won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, okay, I get the blog thing. Notice, I posted my first comment (today) waaaay down on the last entry? So, I have to write it again. (That's what happens when you are in your 40's - ya can't keep up with the times!) Happy New Year! May God bless you with a "breeze" of a delivery and good health. I am very happy for you ALL! Hugs, Shell

    ReplyDelete