Future Gator!!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Song for Me

Stealing Cinderella...Chuck Wicks
Cinderella...Steven Curtis Chapman
There Goes My Life...Kenny Chesney
My Little Girl...Tim McGraw
In My Daughter's Eyes...Martina McBride
I Saw God Today...George Strait
It Won't Be Like This For Long...Darius Rucker
Watching You...Rodney Atkins
I Loved Her First...Heartland

And the list goes on and on. I can come up with song after song, in every combination for daddies and daughters, mommies and daughters, and daddies and sons. But, I have yet to find one song that fits the bill for mommies and sons until now. You would think that daddy/daughter songs would be popular...and they are. But, mommy/son songs are no where near as easy to come by. In my little world, there are songs for everything. Bo and I have songs for each of the girls. And in our minds, it's the songs we hear playing in the background at their graduation, their wedding day, the big events in their lives. Thanks to my good friend Darby, I have finally found this song for Drew...the one I hear playing for the Mother-Groom dance at his wedding. And though it probably wasn't written for a mother and a son, I think it will do just fine. Because my little buddy is Never Alone...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete