Future Gator!!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm Nine Months Old!!

Drew turned 9 months old today. So, he has officially been on this earth longer than he cooked in my belly. For some reason, that always feels like an eternity and his being here has flown by. We have our 9 month well check on Thursday, so I will be sure to post his new height and weight as soon as I get them.

For now though, Drew continues to grow big and strong. He has lots of new tricks this month and seems to have put it all together quickly. For starters, our newest, endearing trick is to clap...especially when we are eating food. And, while that seems fun, it often ends up in him wearing more than he has eaten. He has begun crawling, but it's mostly the commando style crawl that all babies start with. For now, it gets him where he needs to go...which is typically mommy's magazine basket so that he can tear up all the pages. And, once he figured out how to sit up from a crawling position, that opened a whole new world. Because now we can get where we want to go and get to sitting and reach things that are higher up. We are especially fond of mommy's vinyl rolls and scrapbooking supplies right now. All of this to say that he is well on his way to getting in to things and it is time to baby proof this house. I'm sure in just a few weeks he'll kick it in to high gear with real crawling and the pulling up won't be far along.

Drew has finally taken to saying one word...mama. And that's only because it's easy when he's humming during feeding times. it just comes naturally. But, we work on dada too. He loves to babble and finds that people will laugh at him when he screams. So, it's hard to get him quiet once he starts his little squeals because he thinks he's entertaining.

Below are some pictures of our last month. Enjoy!!


My sisters like to dress me up...

Drew can clap...

I should be sleeping. But now that I can get up and sit on my own, I like to skip nap and play with my aquarium.

Forget baby food...these mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving are WAY BETTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment