Future Gator!!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

23 Weeks

The baby is getting bigger and bigger...and so am I. I am ready for a record breaking weight gain this week at the Dr.'s office on Friday. I think the most I ever gained in 4 weeks was 8 lbs. with the girls. And, I am sure I am close with this one.

This week the baby is the size of a large mango and weighs a little more than a pound. He is about 11 inches long and he can hear all the different things going on in the outside world. He can hear the dog barking and the vacuum cleaner. He can even hear music and feel me sway with the beat. The baby is squirming all over the place and it is lots of fun to feel him move around.

It's hard to believe that after our appointment this week, we'll start setting up appointments for every 2 weeks. Can't believe we've almost reached that milestone already. This baby is coming faster than I had imagined and there is so much left to do...paint the room, bring up all the baby stuff from the basement and get it cleaned up and ready for number 3, find lots of cute clothes and blankets for our sweet boy to stay warm in, and, of course, prepare the girls for the shock of their life. Either way...it's getting closer and we get more excited with every day!!

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo! Yay for 23 weeks! And I'll be more than happy to take some of that weight off your hands. Lord knows I need it. A few more weeks and you'll be in your third trimester - look out now. Your nursery will come together quickly and seamlessly. You probably have everything in your basement alphabetized and color-coded. :o)

    But for now, we really appreciate you using your nesting urge to help prepare for OUR baby!

    Thanks for blogging and giving me something to read.

    ReplyDelete